10 February 2009

Netbook Specs?


What Should the perfect Netbook (UMPC) be? What are the key features? Let's see;
  1. Easy to Use
  2. Instant On
  3. Long Battery Life (8 hours or more)
  4. Wireless network connection (WiFi) built in
  5. Light weight (under 1kg)
  6. Simple interface (I like a touch screen interface instead of a mouse, touchpad, pointer stick).
  7. Alpha numeric keyboard (say 68 or so keys).
  8. 1024 x 768 display (minimum 1280 x 800 would be nice)
  9. Priced under $400
I work for Psion and I have both the Netbook and NetbookPro I loved the interface. the ablity with the NBPro to remote desktop to my PC or Citrix thin client to servers at work... it was / is great. it is too bad they didn't bring it to a consumer market...

That was a rant but I think that all Netbooks, UMPCs, EEe PCs etc have some or most of these but none have all of them... (even my beloved NetbookPro).

With what is going on with Software as a service (Saas) "the Cloud" cloud computing the lightweight (both processing and actual weight) the Psion NetbookPro would really hit a niche if it was priced right.

Any comments?

No comments: